1. Dump 2 cups of uncooked rice into ziploc bag
2. Add a capful of rubbing alcohol
3. Add food coloring (I added about 20 drops)
4. Mix together. (If you can’t tell Caden loved this step. “Wow, Mom look at it turning blue!”)
5. After your done mixing, spread out on a cookie sheet to dry overnight. I sped up the process and put them in the oven at 200 degrees for about 10 minutes.
6. Lay out a blanket on the floor and start playing. There will be a little bit of a mess so have a vacuum handy, but I promise it will be worth it. The boys spent about an hour easy playing with the rice and now Caden begs me to “play rice.”
Note: In hindsight I would have doubled or tripled the recipe. 2 cups isn’t quite enough for 2 boys to share. 4-6 cups would be more appropriate.