Caden loves getting a little messy now and then. GAK is the perfect messy, but not-so-messy-mom-wants-to-scream activity and I knew we had to try it once I spotted the recipe on pinterest.
- Liquid Starch (I couldn’t find this anywhere but Walmart in the detergent aisle)
- Food coloring
- Ziploc bag
- Pour 1/2 cup of glue into ziploc bag.
- Add 8 drops of food coloring (the more you add the brighter it will be. It will also slightly stain their hands so it’s completely optional).
- Mix until the color is consistent throughout.
- Add 1/2 cup of liquid starch.
- Mix in bag until the consistency is close to putty and most the liquid is gone.
- Place on table and knead with hands to get the consistency like putty. (It might be a little sticky at first, but this will go away the more you knead it).
“Mom, it’s slimy.”
Caden loved this activity and pulls the GAK out about once a day to play with. I’ve noticed it’s a great way for him to get some energy out and calm down. It’s almost like a stress release (for him and me!).
What fun things have you been doing at your house?